This is my new webpage: Hector Palacios, Postdoc at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. I was Assistant Professor at Universidad Simón Bolívar until 2010.
In 2009, I obtained a PhD student on Informatics at Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona/Spain, under supervision of Hector Geffner. More details in my publications and my CV. Most of the software related to publications or the International Planning Competition is available below. If you needed something not listed or find any bug, email me.
- Decision-theoretic planning: conformant, contingent, probabilistic, non-deterministic, etc
- Knowledge compilation languages: DNNF, OBDD
- SAT and QBF solving
- Tractability (theoretical and empirical) of Planning, SAT and QBF
- Constraint Programming and CSPs
- Reviewer of AAAI 2010, ECAI 2010, ICAPS 2010, IJCAI 2009, AAAI 2008, ECAI 2008, IBERAMIA 2008.
- Winner of the Conformant Track of the International Planning Competition 2006. Software available
- Compiling Uncertainty Away in Conformant Planning Problems with Bounded Width. H. Palacios and H. Geffner. JAIR. 2009. pp 623-675. Benchmarks, scripts for running planners, logs of experiments. The T0 conformant planner, below.
- Automatic Derivation of Memoryless Policies and Finite-State Controllers Using Classical Planners.. B. Bonet, H. Palacios, H. Geffner. ICAPS-2009. Thessaloniki, Grece. pp. 34-41.
- A Translation-based Approach to Contingent Planning. A. Albore, H. Palacios, H. Geffner.. IJCAI-09. Pasadena, CA, USA. pp. 1623 - 1628
- From Conformant into Classical Planning: Efficient Translations That May be Complete Too. H. Palacios and H. Geffner. Proc. of the 17th Int. Conf. on Planning and Scheduling 2007 (ICAPS-07). pp. 264 - 271. Providence, CA. AAAI Press. Best student paper! slides
- Fast and Informed Action Selection for Planning with Sensing. A. Albore, H. Palacios, H. Geffner. Proc. 12th Conf. Spanish AI (CAEPIA-07), Salamanca, 11/07. pp 1-10. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 4788, Springer 2007.
- Compiling Uncertainty Away: Solving Conformant Planning Problems Using a Classical Planner (Sometimes). H. Palacios and H. Geffner. Proc. 21st Nat. Conf. on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-2006). pp 900-905. Boston - USA. (slides presented at Workshop on Planning Under Uncertainty and Execution Control - ICAPS 2006)
- Mapping Conformant Planning into SAT through Compilation and Projection. H. Palacios and H. Geffner. Lecture Notes in Computer Sciences, vol 4177, pp 311-320. Also presented in CP-2005 1st International Workshop on Quantification in Constraint Programming. Sitges, Spain. Oct/2005. First presented as Reducción de la Planificación Conformante a SAT mediante Compilación a d-DNNF. XI Conferencia de la Asociación Española para la Inteligencia Artificial (CAEPIA-05). Vol I. pp. 353-362. Santiago de Compostela, Spain. Nov/2005. Best paper finalist! (Slides for CAEPIA-05)
- Pruning Conformant Plans by Counting Models on Compiled d-DNNF Representations. H. Palacios, B. Bonet, A. Darwiche, H. Geffner. Proc. of the 15th Int. Conf. on Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS-05). Monterey, CA. AAAI Press, pp 141-150.
- Planning as Branch and Bound: A Constraint Programming Implementation; H. Palacios and H. Geffner. XVIII Latin-American Conference on Informatics (CLEI-2002), Montevideo, Uruguay, 11/2002
- 11/may/2009. Translator Conformant Planner. Including the conformant planner T0 as used for JAIR 2009. It is reimplementation the winner of the 5th International Planning Competition - IPC5 and a variation of the used in the IPPC 2008
- 11/may/2009. Source code of T0, to be used in conjuntion with Translator Conformant Planner.
- Lógica Simbólica - CI2511.
- Estructuras Discretas I - CI2521.